Alto's Mission & Values
Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose — to improve quality of life — for everyone who needs it.
🥇 Patients Come First
- Patients come before all other stakeholders, including our teammates and our bottom line.
- Every time we have to make a choice, we will always choose the well-being of our patients.
- We work because we care, not because it’s expected of us.
- If patients are happy and healthy, our business will be too.
⛑ Leave No Patient Behind
- Be reliable. It’s more important to be good for all than to be great for some.
- Every patient puts their life in our hands, so we have a moral obligation to provide high quality care.
- When difficult situations arise, we go above and beyond to make sure our patients are taken care of.
❤️ Start with Empathy
- Before every interaction, pause and place yourself in the other person’s shoes, be it a patient, provider, or teammate.
- Strive to deeply understand the thoughts and feelings of the people you interact with.
- Patients are at their most vulnerable when interacting with us. Always try to understand their context.
💥 Focus on Impact
- Choose the work that makes the biggest impact toward our goals.
- Always strive to understand the impact your work will make.
- Prioritize impact over activity. Hard work alone won’t get us closer to our mission — only real results will.
🤔 Think Rigorously
- Being right matters. It’s how we make the most impact.
- Start from first principles and question underlying assumptions. There’s nothing sacred about the status quo.
- Follow the scientific method: hypothesize, test, analyze, and iterate off a failed hypothesis to find the right solution.
- Recognize when you’re wrong to get to right faster. Be open to changing your mind.
- Be introspective. Your own strengths and weaknesses are important variables.
🐛 Be Humble
- We are students of the industry. We learned to be a caring community pharmacy from AG, and we will stay true to our roots.
- We’re not above other players in the industry who care. We support anybody who aligns with our mission to help patients.
- Every Alto employee has important expertise, regardless of their role, tenure, or seniority.
- We all take out the trash.